Jo Well’s blog sets out ideas for how to be a good funder, including:
2. Providing grants for a decent period of time.
3. Being prepared to support core costs and/or make unrestricted grants.
4. Being prepared to invest in monitoring and evaluation costs.
5. Living the values of partnership
6. Good manners!
7. Clarity on funding levels.
8. Willingness to collaborate proactively with other funders.
9. Bringing real expertise and knowledge to funding decisions and understanding what your added-value is.
10. Providing a way for our partners to give feedback about how we work.